Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hearty Zucchini - also known as Pizza Zucchini

Great dish for the summer months when zucchini is plentiful.

1 small onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped (use 1/2-1 cup frozen tricolor peppers)

Saute the onion and green pepper in a little olive oil.

2-4 zucchini sliced in 1/2 inch rounds and cut into 4 pieces
1 teaspoon each of parsley, oregano, and basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, (I love TJ's Pomodoro sauce)

Add zucchini, spices, and tomato sauce. Cover with a lid and cook until the zucchini is tender.

Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Additions:
For some added protein, I sometimes add chicken breast, cut in chunks, which I've sauteed in a little olive oil with a couple cloves of garlic or ground beef that I've browned. Occasionally I'll make it with calamari rings which I've sauteed in olive oil with a couple cloves of garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment